ALL THINGS NEW FOLLOW UP
You have seen the models for our Planning Area #4 displayed on the poster board in the vestibule of church. The same can be viewed on the ATN website at https://allthingsnew.archstl.org/Planning-Process/Planning-Areas. You can view just the maps with the options or the full video which was presented at the Listening Sessions earlier this month. You also may be interested in viewing any or all of the models for the other 14 Planning Areas which you will find available there. Please remember that no worship sites are assigned nor are there any indications of locations of school for after the 2023-2024 school year. Some school information will be announced the week of January 9, 2023.
Scroll to the bottom of the Area 4 list for the opportunity to give your opinion or suggestions on parish boundaries. Schools will be addressed in 2023..
About Planning Area 4
The area is made up of portions of South City, South County and Mid-County deaneries. There are 17 territorial parishes and one oratory. Six elementary schools (on nine parish campuses) are in this planning area.
• Registered households in the planning area declined by 17% during the past decade, compared to a decline of 7% for the diocese.
• An aging area with baptisms now equaling funerals
• A strong preference for Catholic schools as enrollment is 5 times that of PSR enrollment.
• A 34% decline in Mass attendance during the past decade.
• Currently there are 20 diocesan priests assigned to this planning area.
Long term, there may be only 9-10 diocesan priests available for ministry to this planning area.
Use the link below to view maps and to offer your opinion or suggestions on parish boundaries. School issues will be addressed in 2023.